Project co-funded by the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FoF.NMP.2013-6).
Optician2020 will develop distributed manufacturing assets in mini-factories clustered in urban areas combining short series manufacturing technologies and ICT tools for design, process automation and on-line real time delivery management of personalised spectacles, a fashionable product combining health prescription, functional performance and aesthetical requirements.
Optician2020 will demonstrate the feasibility of this business model based on close-to-optician mini-factories by showing:
- The spectacles personalisation flexibility, developing a catalogue of at least 12 models in spectacles for 450 users.
- The mini-factories flexibility and re-configurability with an agile procedure for adding new local manufacturing facilities to the open virtual network.
- The time-to-market reduction up to 65% and production cost reduction of 40% with respect to conventional methods.
The exploitation will start one year after the completion of Optician2020. A maximum initial impact of 25.000 spectacles can be obtained with two initial clusters of networked minifactories working efficiently for a group of 12 opticians in each cluster. It is expected to expanding the number of mini-factories with 10 more EU-based clusters.
Sector: Distributed manufacturing assets, Additive Manufacturing, Finishings, Coatings, Automated
personalised design, ICT-based production management, Production scalability, Vision care industry, Spectacles.
Fecha de inicio: 01-10-2013
Fecha de finalización: 30-09-2016
Referencia del proyecto: Grant Agreement nº 609251
- FUNDACION PRIVADA ASCAMM,
- INDO LENS GROUP S.L
- SATISLOH PHOTONICS AG
- KNOWLEDGE INTEGRATION LTD
- OPTICA PITA LDA
- ALCOM PROIZVODNJA IN TRGOVINA DOO
- MELOTTE NV
- LENSWORLD SA
- 3T RPD LIMITED
- INSTITUTO DE BIOMECANICA DE VALENCIA (IBV)